Nau Mai, Haere mai.
Welcome to Kaikoura Primary School
We are a year 0-6 primary school of approximately 70 pupils. Kaikoura Primary School is leading the way in Innovative Modern Learning Environments in Kaikoura. We are proud of our purpose built new classrooms, finished in 2015. We have an experienced and professional staff who lead quality learning programmes. We give emphasis to encouraging choices and taking responsibility.
We aim to:
- Promote and encourage the highest standards of excellence
- Develop appropriate social skills and attitudes
- Develop an awareness and respect for the bi-cultural history of our local community, and an appreciation of the environment, using resources from the wider community.
We believe in:
- Encouraging children to achieve at their highest level by providing conditions that minimise barriers to learning, including zero tolerance towards bullying and the elimination of disruptive behaviour. We are a Cool school, where children help others to solve conflict.
- Recognizing and valuing the child as an individual by providing programmes that reflect their cultural, physical and academic needs.
- Encouraging children to become self managed life long learners equipped to continue their education and contribute positively to the future.
Many of our pupils are descendants of the early families who have lived in the area for generations. We have a valued link with the Takahanga Marae and enjoy strong community support.